Infrastructure and Economics
Air: The County is primarily served by four airports:
- Fowler Memorial Airport in Macon County is a public use airport with a 4,150 foot runway.
- Kirksville Regional Airport, a larger regional airport, is located 27 miles from Heartland Park and offers three flights per day to and from St. Louis operated by Cape Air.
- Kansas City International Airport, just 2.25 hours from Macon, offers 51 non-stop destinations around the U.S., Canada and Mexico, including international hubs, such as Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas-Fort Worth, New York, Denver and many others.
- St. Louis Lambert International Airport, just 2.5 hours from Macon, offers over 65 non-stop destinations. It is a hub for Air Choice One and Cape Air, and is a focus city for Southwest Airlines.
Highway: The county is primarily served by two US Highways:
- US 63 runs north-south through Macon.
- US 36 runs east-west through Macon. Highway 36 is now a four-lane across the whole state of Missouri.
- Heartland Park has direct access to US 36 and is in close proximity to US 63.
Rail: The county has access to BNSF, a Class I railroad.
Projects locating in Macon County may be eligible for a range of incentives, including the following:
- Land discounts
- State and local tax abatement
- Missouri CDBG Action Fund loan
- Industrial Development and Infrastructure Bonds
- Low-interest revolving loans funds
- Specialized job training
- Recruitment assistance
Let us help you identify which of these are right for your project and guide you through the application process!
Your connector, facilitator and partner. From businesses looking to start, expand or to those looking to relocate to the Macon County Region — including the cities of Macon, Atlanta, Bevier, LaPlata, New Cambria, Callao, Elmer and Ethel.
© 2018 All Rights Reserved • 303 N Missouri Street, Suite A • Macon, MO 63552 • 660-385-5627